Sunday 4 May 2014

BOOKS: An especial Gift

While coming back from Hongkong, I had to buy a gift for my daughter. I was in a hurry and I know I couldn't go home without a bag full of gifts in my hands, couldn't see that pretty innocent face disappointed. Gift shop, souvenir shop, book shop...I was randomly checking out anything and everything.

After wandering clueless, I saw a book store. The window display of the store was somehow so interesting that It took fraction of seconds for me to decide that I'll surely find something great here. Something I am looking for. That something which will bring a smile and joy on my daughter's face. Books are always very specific to the country's culture. So again its a story of hand-picking gifts.

I found some lovely books on art, sketching and drawing. Knowing the talent in my little one, I picked up all 4 books of the series. I was overwhelmed. I wrote my feelings for my daughter on the first page of the book.

I have been getting books as gifts all my life. Whenever I manage my book shelves, I recall the moments, occasions and the person who gifted them to me. Just by touching and reading the message written on the very first page, I go back in time when somebody shared his/ her emotions with me through these precious books. And if a book was gifted by myself, I used to write, “Belongs to Meeta.”



I love books. I moreover love that moment when you open one and sink into it, you can escape from the world into a story. For me books are a uniquely portable magic. The more you read, more you experience the magic.

No comments:

Post a Comment